ENCOURAGEMENT FOR TODAY- A Reminder of Why You Can Take Another Step
Today, you’re tired and want to give up. You’re angry and feel that so many things are unfair. You want to stop doing those things you are doing because it is just too hard and it does not seem to matter anyway.
Perhaps, we both need a reminder of why we can take another step to go on in strength.
- Our true position (in Christ) is that we are seated in the heavenlies while our condition is what we are experiencing in this world in our sufferings, jobs, dealings with people, hurt, anger, etc.
- The struggles, frustrations, sufferings, maturing process, etc. in our walk is simply God’s process of renewing our minds. In other words, lining up our condition with our position.
- God’s goal is not to strengthen or improve our flesh, help us be better acting Christians, perform better, gain more control, etc. but to help us live our life through Christ’s life in us.
- We get jacked up, give power to people, our jobs, depressed, feel worthless, unloved, unaccepted, etc. because we don’t fully understand the truth of who we are in Christ. We believe we are what we feel instead of the truth of who Christ says we are in Him and in God’s promises. We allow the lies of the enemy bringing up the garbage of what our parent’s said and more to keep us believing that even God can’t use us or have a great purpose and plan for our lives.
- God’s word and truth says our emotions/feelings are not who we are
- God’s word and truth says we are complete and righteous not because Christ works through you, but because Christ is in us
- God’s word and truth says we do not have to perform to please God or others
- God’s word and truth says there is no need to try to become someone we already are
- God’s word and truth says God looks at us as He looks at His Son, not through the filter of His Son
- God’s word and truth says we choose to sin or to take hold of our righteousness
Remember, we are never too young or too old to dream. We are never too lacking in education, poverty-stricken, sickly, abused, jacked-up, messed up, or even fed up to dream. Our present situations can never limit our dreams. Our past trauma, mistakes or regrets can never discourage or disqualify us from our dreams. Our dream stealers, nay sayers, heart-breakers or hope takers can never keep us from our dreams.
I pray this helps and encourages to take another step today.
You can do this!
Dream Madly, Pursue Wildly, Trust Completely
Copyright © 2016 by Charlotte D. Hunt All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopy, or otherwise without written permission from the author except for brief quotations in printed reviews.