Q. What was your favorite toy growing up?
A: I called her my “big white baby doll” (hope that doesn’t offend). That doll and my green easy bake oven were the best toys EVER!
Q. What is your favorite meal?
A: Chicken fingers with barbeque sauce, French fries, and raspberry lemonade. Or fish and chips wrapped in paper (only can have the ones in the UK) Man, that is good eatins! I’m a cheap date.
Q. Most meaningful gift you received?
A: It was a card that just had the words, “Thank You” written inside. Inside was a handwritten letter from an inmate who was attending a training class I was teaching. Their homework was to write out one dream they wanted to achieve once they were released. The male inmate wrote a letter saying he connected with his daughter after the class and his dream was to be the father he never was and to step up and be the man he wanted to be in his life. He is now out and running a men’s group to help men be fathers.
A letter, words from the heart, a card or a note is more precious to me than the finest gold. But money, cars, and vacations will never be turned down.
Q. If you were not a speaker and author, what would you be doing?
A: More than likely, I would still be singing Jazz in clubs, recording and touring. Probably move to Paris, France where I wanted to live as a child and finally learn how to cook.
(Here’s some pics from my gigging days…)
Singing For Jazz Fest w/ Neil Creque on Piano
Singing background for Paul Anka
Interview before leaving for tour of Europe
Q. What is your favorite gift to give?
A:Well, first I try to find out the things that bring joy to the person. I try to find their deepest need (even if it is just a rest because they are so busy) or biggest dream and I do whatever is in my power to surprise them with something that means a great deal to them. Looking forward to becoming a philanthropist and do that more and on a global level. If I have $20 bucks in my pocket, somebody’s getting $10 of it in some way. I always get the bigger blessing.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- COACHING CORNER – Why Is it So Difficult to Trust God? September 23, 2017
- ENCOURAGEMENT FOR TODAY- Now it the time to say, NO MORE September 23, 2017
- COACHING CORNER – Are You Stuck? September 22, 2017
- ENCOURAGEMENT FOR TODAY- Caught Between Your Fear and Being Where God Wants You To Be September 20, 2017