Recognizing a Good Man versus a Throw Back
- Approaches a woman with lines like, “You look as good as a bucket of hot wings, I could just eat you up!”, “Hey baby, how about giving me your number?”, “Baby, you look good in those jean. I’d love to get in them”, “What do I got to do to get next to you?” etc. (Yes, these are actual lines that have been said to me!)
- Dressing in gold chains with pants hanging off of behind. Seriously?
- Topic of conversation about sex or the body of the woman, especially when just meeting (TURN OFF! and offensive)
- Constantly focuses on self, how much money he has, who he knows, etc.
- Fails to open doors, protect from others comments, treats like one of the guys
- Attempts to try to sleep with a woman on first date (sounds old fashioned but if a physical relationship is that informal it is easy to believe he is doing that with other women he meets at first also)
- Fails to listen, communicate, or show empathy when woman is hurting
- Approaches a woman with lines like, “Hi, I noticed you when you came in and wanted to come over to say hello”, “I hope I’m not offending you but would you care to go out for some coffee sometime?”, “Hi, I wanted to introduce myself, I’m _______”etc.
- Topic of conversation about life stuff, mutual interests, family, personal experiences
- Continues to ask questions of woman and geninuely shows interest in who she is without being sexual
- Shows signs of protecting woman (walking on traffic side of street with woman, waits till she get inside house before leaving, etc.)
- Shares his shortcomings, interests, dreams, hopes, mistakes and can even cry without feeling it attacks his manhood.
- Listens, does what he says he will do, committed, honest, sees a woman as something to be cherished, not used.
Despite, many men who move badly in the lives of women, there are still men out there who have integrity and try to be good men, all while understanding they are capable of mistakes and shortcomings like all of us.
I have learned to spot a throw back immediately and will not settle or accept bad movement from a man. However, I have also learned how to spot a good man and look forward to the time if and when I will share my life with him.
Dream Madly, Pursue Wildly, Trust Completely
Copyright © 2012 by Charlotte D. Hunt All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopy, or otherwise without written permission from the author except for brief quotations in printed reviews.