VISION/PURPOSE: “Facing Your Fears: A Plan For Growth- Part Four (What Are the Five Things You Need to Know About Yourself to Grow?)
I hope you are enjoying and getting something out of this series. Please give me some feedback to let me know your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During our last post, we covered some Fear factors. I hope I was not too hard on you. Facing our fears is a difficult thing especially depending on the type of situations we have come from and are going through. I have heard and read some of your comments and I am pleased this series is helping you. Great news!
Now, let’s look at five areas that are important for us to know about ourselves in order to grow and move beyond our current situations. Remember, our barriers, obstacles, issues and past are opportunities of growth for our purpose and potential if we allow them.
Five Things You Need To Know About Yourself In Order To Grow:
- You Need to know your Weaknesses: What do people say that rubs them the wrong way about you, where do you fall short, where do you need help?
- You Need to know your Strengths: What are the positive things people say about you, what are the things you do that impact others, what comes easy for you?
- You Need to know your Interests: Where and what do you spend your time, what excites and stirs your heart, what area(s) are connected to your story?
- You Need to know your Opportunities: What avenues are available to you for your desire, who are the people who can provide growth and mentoring for you, what are the resources available to you to help you succeed?
- Where are you and where do you want to be?: What is your current assessment of where you stand (financially, emotionally, relationally, work-related and spiritually), ideally where would you like to be in those areas without judging yourself?
By first asking those questions and doing an assessment, we can begin to understand ourselves in order to grow. This is the foundation for the next layers we will be discussing regarding our purpose, growth, and leadership. It is important to understand ourselves as much as possible in order to impact and influence others. We cannot lead where we have not been or do not know. Growth is not about learning or merely gaining knowledge. Growth is about receiving change into our lives to equip us for our future purpose.
Hang in there. Some exciting things coming as we move into finding direction then into discovering purpose and passion in our upcoming parts. Stay tuned.
Next: Part 5- How to Find Direction
You can do this!
Dream Madly, Pursue Wildly, Trust Completely
Information used by permission from John Maxwell’s book, “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth”
Copyright © 2017 by Charlotte D. Hunt All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopy, or otherwise without written permission from the author except for brief quotations in printed reviews