VISION/PURPOSE: “Facing Your Fears: A Plan For Growth- Part Seven: How To Find Your Purpose and Passion, P.2
We have one more post to come in our 8-part series. I hope you are receiving needed information.
In our last post we began to discuss questions to ask ourselves in the process of finding our purpose and passion. Today we are going to conclude with some tips that will help you in that journey.
So what are Questions that you can ask to help the process of finding purpose/passion?
- Do You know people who are doing what you like to do?
Find people who are ahead of you who can show you the way forward. Find people who do what you want to do with excellence and learn from them.
- Get committed and pay for their time if necessary
- Meet purposefully every month with someone who can teach you
- Start with their book and materials if you can’t meet with them personally
- Spend two hours in preparation for every hour of interaction
- Be grateful to those who help you grow and let them know
- Find a Coach or Mentor?
Possess a teachable spirit
Always be prepared
Demonstrate learning from them
- What will it Cost for you to do what you want to do?
Generally, the cost is fighting our own fears, procrastination, ignorance, and worry. In order to grab hold of one’s purpose and passions means there will be a cost attached to it of work, sacrifice, learning, growing, and changing. My hope is that it is a hope you are willing to grab. Most people are not.
- What will it be like when you get to do what you would like to do?
- It will be different from what you imagined. I never thought that I would impact as many people as I do. I never thought I would feel the type of joy, freedom, and pleasure in being used to pour into people’s lives as I do. I never thought I would want as much alone time away from people to write and read as I do. I never thought I would feel so unqualified everyday yet amazed at the process being worked in me. Nothing is like I imagined.
- It will be more difficult than you imagined. I never expected such demands on my emotional and personal growth. I had no idea that I would have to expend myself as much as I had to.
- It will be better than you imagined. I never dreamed the pleasure and growth that I would receive. Nothing compare with doing what you have been created to do!
Closing Part: Part 8- Steps to Build Your Self-Esteem
You can do this!
Dream Madly, Pursue Wildly, Trust Completely
Information used by permission from John Maxwell’s book, “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth”
Copyright © 2017 by Charlotte D. Hunt All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopy, or otherwise without written permission from the author except for brief quotations in printed reviews